Saturday, August 7, 2010

Knoebles

Let me just start by saying we LOVE Knoebles. Parking and admission is free. You just pay per ride and can even bring your own food. We went the first summer out here and it was great except Ella was too little to go on the rides. I wanted to go again last summer but it never panned out. Then THIS summer Ryan had a few days off here and there and I was determined to go so we found a good day and it was written in pen on the calendar.

The day arrived and I was a little hesitant to go because there was a chance of thunderstorms but we still packed up and headed out. It ended up being a wonderful day. The weather ended up being fabulous... not too hot or humid and a nice breeze with no thunderstorms. The kids had a blast going on all the rides and then around five we spent a couple hours at their pool where Jonathan was able to go on the high dive for the first time and also go down numerous times water park quality slides. He later told us the slides were his favorite part. Leia LOVED the little kids water area and had a blast playing around with her Dad. She also went on her first ride, which it didn't even occur to me it was her first ride so no pictures were taken and unfortunately Ryan was not there to see it. Leia had a blast on the ride while Ella and I were daring and held our hands up during the fast paced kiddie corners we went around. This place has a ton of kiddie rides which Ella loved. I knew she would which is why I was so determined to go this year. Every thing was awesome...not even a meltdown and we did not even leave until 9pm! Heaven!

It was so cute because when we finally loaded up and headed for home Ella told us all goodnight and then about a half an hour later fell asleep. What a great day.
Ella's first ride of the day.

Jonathan studying the map to make sure we hit all the good rides.

My small camera is having issues so some of the pictures are rather poor in quality but Ryan and Ella went on the big slide together. I love all the old school rides.
Leia was able to take a nap during all the excitement.

Leia having a blast at the kiddie pool area.
Posted by Picasa

Ella eating the cotton candy she had her eye on for quite some time.
Posted by Picasa