Thursday, August 5, 2010

The year is done. Leia turned one!

It has been a wonderful year watching Leia grow and develop. I guess I can say that now because she is sleeping through the night so I feel a little more normal. At any rate, she is a great addition to our family and I can't wait to find out what the future holds.

Quite a few things have happened this past month but since it is late I am only going to list them.

  • She has transitioned to only using a sippy cup.
  • She can walk 8 steps on her own.
  • She can walk even farther with grocery cart assistance.
  • Leia's vocabulary is growing to also saying: hat, this, that, cheese
  • She continually points to things and says, "this"... very curious little girl.
  • She thinks she is all that and a bag of chips when she climbs on the couch.
  • Leia tries all kinds of foods now but especially likes bananas, pizza, broccoli, cheese, blueberries, grapes, hot dogs, and the Gerber turkey sticks.
  • She blows kisses, dances to music and loves to smile.
  • She likes to color while at church.
  • She still loves to play dolls and tries to put the clothes on and take them off.
  • She lets me know when she wants to wear a hat.
  • She is currently learning some of her body parts and loves to touch my nose. When she touches it I make a noise like I am trying to eat her finger and tonight she made the noise. Super cute.


Posted by Picasa
We love you sooo much Leia! Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Jonathan and Ella