Since only five weeks are left at school, the kids came home with some major projects they worked on this year. Jonathan studied the planets and brought home a book full of information about our Solar System. I must admit that not seeing Pluto kind of bummed me out. He also had a couple other projects completed that he wanted to hold on to.
Ella brought her family coat of arms home and loves it so much she decided to tape it up in her bedroom... along with her star of the week poster she completed months ago. Even though it was Earth day this week, I was surprised the only thing brought home about it was a writing piece Ella wrote.
Future projects include both kids learning about Arizona and Jonathan starting prep work for Biztown along with a book report. Fun, fun, fun!
This past week was Spirit week! Both kids dressed up in their PJ's on Monday. Ella dressed up in the 50s Era on Tuesday but did not want to dress up Wednesday or Thursday. The day she was most excited was Friday, where she could dress as a super hero... a Ninja Turtle. Leia wanted to dress up as well, so we had two Ninja Turtles that morning.
While at the library a couple weeks ago we found out the kiddos could read for a free In N Out hamburger! On Friday we dropped off the forms and the kids have their certificates waiting for a good time to get their hamburgers. We could not go on Friday because Jonathan went to the Father/ son camp out.
Jonathan is not the only one sick, I have some type of stomach bug that has done me in this weekend. Yuck! Oh well, hopefully I'll feel better this coming week.
PS.- I spend part of Saturday cleaning baseboards and walls. As if the kids don't practice drawing enough on paper, Leia did this little piece on the wall. As I cleaned up a few pieces of artwork, I noticed a theme... happy faces. Well, at least the girl is happy. Me, not so much.
PS, PS- Ryan has wanted a side table next to the couch and we finally found one. Audrey decided to take over when Ryan got up for a drink. All the kids are trying to eat there and I am not thrilled one bit about that. Lots of reminding has taken place about no eating on the couch. There are already enough messes in other areas to deal with, we don't need another one... gosh, I sound really mommish right now.
New about Audrey- she is the fastest kid to put her shoes on and get in the car... Jonathan is the slowest... still scratching my head about that one. She also loves to "read" her own book while I read a bedtime story to Leia. She loves to jump... off the ground, bed, ottoman... one crazy kid.