Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Almost over...

The school year is almost over. So crazy to think we have lived here for almost a year. The past couple weeks have just been busy or draining. Draining because my littlest has decided to get up around 4:30-5:30am every morning. I think today she slept in by waking up a little before 7pm. The girly does not like taking naps so around when I go to pick up the two older kids from school, the little one is done for the day, has meltdowns and that jumbled together with crazy kids coming home is a bit too loud for me.  I try to take refuge in the bathroom but they find me. All of that mixed in with Jonathan going to bed later and me not going to bed early to deal with all of this, has left me in a daze and a lot crankier than normal. I also feel like I get nothing done! I hate feeling that way.

With that said, here are some of the things that went on the past couple weeks. Last week was a big week for Jonathan. On Wednesday his class had their major field trip to Biztown. Biztown is basically a town run by the 5th graders for a day. Each kid has a job, which he/she has been preparing for the last month, and then performs that job when they go to Biztown. Jonathan was the CEO of the advertising agency COX. He basically ran around making sure everyone showed up to their appointment. The goal for each business was to financially break even or be profitable. I think Jonathan's company made a small profit. I was interested how everything went so the first moment I saw Jonathan I asked how he liked Biztown. His response, "Being a grownup is a lot of work. I'm tired. I ran around the whole time trying to find people." My reply, "Well, I guess now you can understand how dad feels after a day at work, except he works for ten hours not six." After that experience I don't think Jonathan will be wanting to grow up any time soon.

Jonathan also had a band performance on Thursday. It was short and sweet. Just a half our long but enough songs where we hear how the kids have improved since their first performance. When Jonathan came home, it was off to finish a book report which took quite some time to finish.


Two weeks ago Ella had a couple special events. Her field trip was on May 7th. They went to a semi-local dinosaur museum. She said it was fun but wished I could have gone with her. The following Friday her class had a special Mother's day tea. It was super cute. Ryan was home so I was able to go by myself and just enjoy a special Mother's day event with Ella. Her teacher made each mom walk in, one at a time, where the kids would greet the mom with, "Hello Queen Mother!" Then a little crown was placed on her head and

her child lead her to different areas in the room. Ella was so sweet and treated me very well. At her desk was a present filled with many different things she made for me. I definitely felt loved. I think that was the most relaxing time I've had in months.

The actual Mother's day was wonderful as well. Ryan was home so this year he helped the kids make breakfast. They also straightened up the house, and cleaned up all the dishes after every meal. Ryan made them, mostly Jonathan, do all the work so they could realize how much I do for them. I am so glad I was able to rest because Audrey woke up at 4am the next day. At least I got one day off.


One of my gifts was a giant sized Snickers bar. Ryan thought it would be fun to give the whole thing to Audrey which she immediately chowed down on. Between her and the kids each getting 2 helpings, well, I ended up with the small end piece which was quite tasty. Man that thing was eaten fast!
Last day of school pic!!!!!!!!