After breakfast Ryan took the three oldest kiddos to the water park while I made her cake and added a few decorations. The kids had a blast and when they arrived home it was presents, then cake. Ella was super excited, especially since she was getting an American Girl doll. It was the main, almost only, present she got from us. Those dolls are expensive!
A special thank you to all the presents sent by family. She loved all of them. The little pony Nana sent was a favorite among all the girls and the outfit Auntie Heather sent is currently on Elizabeth, Ella's doll. Also, at a different party with the Huntingtons, just about everyone pitched in to make a fabulous bed and quilt for Elizabeth. That is one lucky doll.
As a side not, Ella's middle name is after a Cabbage patch kid doll I loved, Lizzy, but we decided on a little more formal name for Ella, Elizabeth. I found it rather fitting she named her doll Elizabeth... after herself of course.
Once the cake was eaten, I went out only with Ella to pick up a picture from Costco while she looked for an American Girl dog she had her eye on. She found the perfect one and we were off for home.
Ryan left for work and Jonathan had Jui Jitsui so the b-day celebrations
were side tracked. On the way home from Jonathan's lesson we stopped by Pizza Hut to pick up her favorite pizza and eat it at home.
It was a great day. I really like not having a huge b-day party on the actual b-day but just be able to spend it as a family.
I can't believe our first girl is now 6. She no longer looks like a little girl anymore. I am a little sad about that but it is fun to see her grow up. She is smart, funny, and can be a fabulous big sister... if she wants to be.
We love you Ella!!!
PS- I HAD to share this photo of Audrey. This is her "sad" face. It works well with the shiner from her accident. This was probably the worst it looked. Poor baby.