Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter

Easter was filled with egg hunts this year. We did not dye eggs but instead participated in a few Easter egg hunts. The day before Easter our ward had a HUGE Easter egg hunt. We live in an area that has regular homes mixed in with super uber nice homes and plots where people have their own farm. The hunt was actually at two members' homes/ farms that lived side by side. On the grounds of one home was the breakfast and the other home was the egg hunt. Tons and tons of eggs were scattered on what I think was a grazing area for livestock.  We stayed a little longer than the other kids, letting Audrey pick up some left over eggs that were opened and then ditched once the candy was taken out. It was fun to train her in the art of finding Easter eggs.

 
The little kiddos, Nursery and Sunbeam age, went first which gave Leia and Audrey time to walk around and choose their 12 eggs. Next was junior Primary, Ella, who totally did not hear only 12 eggs and filled her basket up. Once I told her only 12, she went through the process of deciding which ones to keep. Last was senior primary, Jonathan's group. Many, many eggs were left after that group so all the kids were released and went to town loading up on eggs. Except for Audrey. Once she realized candy was in the eggs, she plopped herself down looked at me with her pleading eyes to unwrap the candy she discovered. I did and she was one happy girly girl.


Anyway, the event was fabulous, the kids had fun despite three of them still recovering from being sick and I left in amazement at what a great ward we are in. I think this is a traditional event so I am looking forward to next year.

After the event, Leia and Audrey were done but I had to quickly run and drop Ella off at her friend's house. She was invited to an Easter egg hunt over there. She spend a good part of the day there while the other kiddos vegged and healed.

For Easter we had our traditional Easter egg hunt followed by opening the eggs and reading different scriptures about Jesus. I really love this part of Easter. I wished I would have spent more time during the week going over the last few days of Jesus' life but as Ryan read the scriptures and a reverence came over us, I realized the scriptures were enough.

 
 

 A little later in the day we went to church. Sacrament seemed to be amazing, from the songs I heard from the foyer. We were fortunate that one of Ryan's coworkers offered to work for Ryan so he could enjoy Easter with us. Ryan gladly said yes. There are amazing people out there.

After church we went over for an Easter egg hunt with the Huntingtons. It's so fun to walk around with Audrey and help her pick up eggs. Truly a fun, wonderful day.

PS- In case you were wondering, it is a tradition for Jonathan to wear his Easter basket on his head. Why? I have no idea but it is a must do on his list of Easter events/memories.