Monday, March 18, 2013

Where to start?


sigh.

Monday morning started off rather well. Ryan took Jonathan in the morning and they ended up going on a pretty wild helicopter ride.

While they were gone, I did some yard work while the kiddos played contently in the back yard. At one point Audrey approached me saying, "ouchie" but I saw no signs of an ochie. However, later in the day I noticed her front tooth was chipped but there were no signs that she fell, was pushed, etc. Maybe she decided to eat a rock?

Ella broke one of the doors off our very expensive entertainment center. The kids have a habit of hanging on the door even though I continously tell them not to. I was there when it broke, looked at her and she started to cry. Luckily it was a clean break and Ryan was able to fix it.

Ryan was off one of the days so we drove around doing this and that. That is when Leia finally got her first professional haircut. She loved the place, and since I still have guilt over taking Jonathan for his first haircut w/o Ryan, well Ryan was the one that went back with Leia. She did so well and has asked to get her haircut again. The place was super cute, gave her a 1st haircut certificate, took her picture and included some pieces of her hair. Her hair even smelled like cotton candy.

I finally had my eye exam and ended up taking the kiddos with me. The two older ones waited in the waiting area while I had my appointment and I  took the little two with me. Leia was great but Audrey was not happy being in the little office watching mommy put her face in different things. She basically whined the whole time... mostly fake crying/ whining and by the end of the appointment was making spit bubbles by saying Mommy over and over again. The doctor was great and just worked through it. So glad I can get new contacts!

I also started reworking on the kiddos baby books. I feel bad not doing ANYTHING for Audrey's book so one night after kiddos were in bed, I stayed up until 2am just working on it. Then I looked through Leia and Ella's and realized I have a lot of catching up to do.

On Thursday the boys went to play laser tag after Jonathan's Jui Jitzu class. I was still putting little girls to bed when they called so nothing major happened for us. Jonathan had a lot of fun and wants to go back with his cousins.

Friday night while I was getting Leia ready for bed, Audrey decided to go downstairs instead of hanging out with Ella. (She can do that since I no longer can put her in a crib) While braiding Leia's hair I heard a thump, like someone fell, and started to go downstairs, heard crying and then was met up with a crying Audrey. I immediately looked in her face and mouth, no further chipped teeth, and did a quick look over but saw nothing. I took her upstairs and then started to really look her over, hands, arms, feet legs, tummy... nothing. Then I looked at her face again and that's when I saw it. I huge bump on her forehead. And a little swelling around her eye. I put the other girls to bed, took Audrey out to observe her, and texted Ryan since he should hopefully be done with work in an hour. Her eye continued to swell, Ryan asked to text pictures and then after seeing the pics said we should go to the ER BUT when he got home and actually saw her, it didn't look as bad as the pics. So I put her to bed and checked on her every two hours during the night. She acts normal but has a huge black eye and it  gets even blacker with the passing days. Luckily the swelling has gone down a bit around her eye. A few people commented on it at church. I feel awful but as Ryan reminds me, accidents do happen.

 
Sunday we had a semi special St. Patrick's day. I made the kids green pancakes and after church we had stew and rolls... along with green cookies. We no longer eat corn beef since it mostly went to waste when I use to make it. Nothing major but at least something. It was a nice day. Ryan was able to go to church, we watched a movie together as a family and had a nice dinner.


Oh, I almost forgot. Our pool had to be drained and refilled. That took almost the whole week! Then I noticed a termite tube while talking to my dad on the phone so I called our termite company, they sent someone out the same day. I learned the guy had worked on the house before we lived in it, and did a lot of work in the master bedroom... where I saw the tube. Great. Luckily termites are different out here compared to California so usually structural damage does not occur.He treated the area and hopefully they will not come back anytime soon.