Monday, March 4, 2013

This week...

I have not been keeping up with the blog as much as I would like so I am attempting to at least write once a week with some of the things that happened. Here we go...

This week was Read Across America so the kids had a fun surprise on Friday with seeing the Cat in the Hat along with Thing 1 and Thing 2. I really like the kids school. It has a nice balance between academics and fun.

For almost 2 weeks Jonathan has been going to Jui Jitsu classes. He really enjoys it but unfortunately the class is in Scottsdale. However, since we get to use the car pool lane, it makes the drive a little less painful, especially since we usually have 1 -2 screaming kids during the ride... I am serious about the screaming kids. So glad he likes his classes.

Jonathan also participated in his last Pine Wood Derby for Cub Scouts. He did most of his car last minute but I can honestly say he created it all on his own. He did a few last minute fixes before turning the car in. There are tons of LDS people in AZ so the whole derby thing was way different than PA. So many rules out here but it was still fun... thanks to Janelle. She makes all of the scout events fun.

I have two kids with toe infections, one is on antibiotics. I don't like antibiotics just because I am so bad at remembering to give it to the kiddos, especially when the kid needs to be on it for 2 weeks. My kids don't mind taking it though so that's a plus.

Ella's b-day is coming up. The invites were sent out and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle theme/ preparations need to begin. It should be fun.Jonathan is excited and commented, "finally Ella gets with the program and chooses a fun party idea." Ryan is sad he'll miss it.

Leia is crazy right now. She continually gets out of bed after her bedtime and then wakes up early. No nap. Just craziness due to lack of sleep. Hopefully it will end soon but I have a feeling it won't.

The craziness does not end there. Leia has been very sneaky lately. She sneaks candy and hides up in Ella's closet. I caught her with Nerds the other day. She still marks on herself and the walls with markers... Ella now has a few pieces of artwork in her closet thanks to Leia.

Audrey is now climbing up and down the stairs... safely. Between her and Buddy, the kids definitely need to put their stuff away.

Buddy is still eating everything. He finished up the mop and somehow got hold of Ella's Lady... which I saw and saved before any damage occurred. Loosing Lady would be like loosing Ella's blanket... complete devastation.

Finally got my new debit card :) The computer system at one of the grocery stores out here was hacked and debit info taken. I was one of the people whose info was stolen but luckily my credit union called when charges from New York started popping up. The bad note is when I called the credit union back, the person I talked to was incompetent and did not order a new card or tell me how I could reverse the charges. Needless to say, a second and then third call was made to the credit union and everything has been fixed. I love our credit union and they apologized for the lack of competence. So glad I have my debit card. I was old schooling it for a while using checks.

Oh, and my lovely husband changed my phone to the Darth Vader music from Star Wars and my phone refers to me as The Dark Lord Sith. Lovely. I didn't change it because no one else I know has that ring tone plus I don't know how to change it. Ryan accidentally showed me how easy it is to change the name though.... now I just need to decide a nickname for him!