Monday, March 11, 2013

Craziness

This week had some pretty crazy moments in it. I still can't believe some of the things that happened. The most unexpected event transpired with Audrey. I can't remember what day but it was sometime during the week. She was acting tired, cranky and screaming so I decided to try and put her down for a nap. I set her down, proceeded to leave and within a second heard a thump. I turned around and there she was, on the floor, still crying hysterically. I picked her up and immediately began running my fingers down her neck to see if she did any serious damage. Luckily she was okay but later that day the crib came down and she has been sleeping on her mattress, on the floor for a few days now. The first two nights I camped out in front of the door, for at least an hour, to stop anyone trying to get out and would nicely tell her to get back in bed. The first night was a party between her and Leia but tonight Audrey went down fast. Now Leia is another story...

Oh Leia. She is grinding away at any patience I have left inside of me. Today she randomly peed on the floor. She is potty trained but for some reason felt that she did not need to use the toilet. She has been horrible at being reverent during Sacrament and today I took the three girls out... into the car, where they could practice being reverent... without any distractions. We once again missed Sacrament meeting but at least this time they were not wandering halls, talking away.

Speaking of church, I was released as being one of the Cub Scout Bear leaders and called to be a Nursery leader. I have been hanging out in Nursery anyway since they released one of the nursery leadersabout 2 months ago so nothing is really different for me. It will just be easier to take Jonathan to Jui Jitsu on Tuesdays.

The biggest event this week was Ella's b-day party with her class mates. She decided to have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party which surprised me. I sewed some turtle shells out of fleece, cut out some masks and all the kids were able to suit up for Ninja Turtle training. The each had a "bad guy" which was really an Elmo balloon, to practice their Ninja moves on. Then the kiddos went through an obstacle course. After a work out they must eat a Ninja Turtle's favorite food... pizza. Next we played a game where they passed around a present wrapped multiple times and each time the music stopped who ever had the present unwrapped a layer. I also put a candy in each layer to make it super exciting. The kids made me laugh because some of them passed the present rather slow, looking at me the whole time to see if I was going to stop the music. Then realizing I wasn't, and the present had to be passed, had a look of dissapointment on her/ his face. When the last layer was unwrapped, inside the box there was a note for a secret mission. The kids went from clue to clue until they found the present, which held all their goodie bags. Jonathan really got into this part of the party and even suited up as a Ninja turtle to participate. I laugh, I mean smile, just thinking about it. When the present was found, ALL the kids were excited and ready for their "prize". After that was presents and cake. I made a small cake for Ella and Ninja Turtle cupcakes for the kiddos. It seemed to go well and Ella had a blast, which was the goal. FYI, I totally stink at taking pictures because I am too busy with party stuff. This was the only pic I got.

Audrey as a Ninja Turtle while eating a ring pop she snagged from someone else.


Other happenings:
 Ryan was gone for part of the week and missed the party but was able to spend time with family in Simi Valley.

We had some crazy weather out here, which made carrying 15 balloons along with a 20 month old, and a three year old hanging on to me rather challenging. Especially since it was very windy with rain off and on. At one point Audrey was tangled in the balloons and was not happy about it at all. Oh well. Just the normal life of a mom.

On Saturday I made a couple houses out of foam for the girls. They made a mini neighborhood in our front room. Audrey would giggle as she moved from house to house, upsetting the other girls in the process.

Even though church was not great, this morning the kids behaved fabulous. Jonathan and Ella played a board game for at least an hour without any complaints. Just happy moods and laughter. I joined in for a bit before making breakfast.

I think that's the major events for the week!



Totally forgot to mention, the kids are officially on Spring Break.