Sunday, February 24, 2013

Musical Leia

Ryan and I are starting to notice Leia has a natural ability or appreciation for music. My dad also noticed it during one of his visits. I don't quite know how to explain it but she has some type of connection with music. When the two older kids start a song she quickly joins in. She loves to sing, frequently creates her own lyrics to familiar songs (or does animal noises to the beat) and is drawn to watching shows which involve music. What she did about a week ago really surprised me.

We were in the car driving somewhere and she was listening to kid songs. About half way through one of the songs she told me, "Mommy, this song has shadows in it." At first I didn't know what she meant but then realized she was talking about the background singers in the song. They were repeating the same words as the main singer after she sung them, like a shadow. It will be very interesting to see how this love for music evolves through out her life.