I meant to do an update about him before Audrey was born but it didn't happen. Any who, at the end of the school year some exciting things happened:
He made a volcano for school. After some debate on what lava looks like and then showing him pictures online, he finally understood I might actually know what I'm talking about... not to mention I did see actual volcanoes as teenager when I went to Hawaii on a family vacation. He did everything himself even though it took him days to finish the project. He made it big enough to fit a 2 liter bottle of red Mountain Dew and made the explosion using Mentos.He performed in his first band recorder recital. We were all able to attend and one of the girls thought the dragon song was pretty scary. Next year he will be playing the trumpet, his first choice, and is super excited. I am wondering how everything will work out with a baby in the house.

What I don't have pics of is his Cub Scout stuff... probably because I was not there when he received his Wolf badge... super exciting. He is now working on the Bear badge. He went to Cub Scout camp this summer and had a blast. He loved archery and on the 4th day of camp got 6 bulls eyes. By the end of the week he seemed a little less boyish and a little more manly.
He also went to Science camp during the second week of summer and enjoyed it as well. I asked him if he learned anything new and he responded with learning about reverse engineering. This was his second year going to Science camp and I am rather sad it will be his last.