Wednesday, July 13, 2011

1 month down

Posted by Picasa

So much has happened in a month... heck her first week was pretty eventful and kept us on our toes. Audrey spent the first 6 days of her life in the NICU and once she got the OK to leave has been home ever since. I must say it felt good to have her home and be able to snuggle her without any medical person there... other than Ryan of course.

She loves to eat and goes through what I call eating frenzies, which Leia also went through as a baby. Basically she will eat every hour to half hour for about 5 to 7 hours straight and then finally fall asleep for 3-4 hours. Crazy. It makes it challenging to get anything done during that time and lately the frenzies have started a little before I start preparing dinner which has made dinner time and bedtime challenging.

With all the eating I have watched her fingers and face slowly plump up. Many diaper changes have also occurred. Audrey definitely does not like a wet diaper.

Things she has done the past month are...
smiled at me on Father's day
the following day she let out a little laugh
she has started to coo
likes looking at the picture of me and Jonathan that is right next to her crib
the fan in my room is her best friend
burps like her mommy