Back in November we went down to Phily to see the Liberty Bell. It was a trip planned for one of Jonathan's Cub Scout requirements. The last time we went it was super crowded and never saw the bell. So the first thing we did on this trip was get in line to see it. I must say every time we see some historical sight, I am in awe how inspired our Nation's leaders were in creating a place where people could worship freely. I was talking to my dad about this the other day and mentioned how I think as Americans, we are so use to this freedom that, at times, we take it for granted. Case in point, as we were waiting to enter there was a group of people practicing, what I can't remember... meditation I think, but it was something forbidden in their home country. If caught practicing it, acid was thrown at them. They came to USA to have the freedom to practice how they may, with out punishment. It was good for Jonathan to hear their story, see the actual pictures of what was done to them if caught, and realize he lives in a great country that allows us to live the kind of life we choose to live.
.
Front side, "famous side" of the Liberty Bell..
Ella had to stop by the horse drawn carriages and this horse was her favorite. She even pet him and yelled hi to him every time she saw him.
A typical pic of the kids. Ella being crazy with Jonathan and Leia is creating plan to escape.
