Unfortunately about an hour before her appointment I heard a rather strange cry coming from the room. She was suppose to be taking a nap but since the cry sounded different I checked up on her. What I saw was a poor baby girl covered in vomit, along with her bedding, and I look of "what just happened" covered her face. The smell was completely awful and I tried so hard not to gag while I took off the bedding and then brought baby girl into the bath tub. Once cleaned up, her spirits were a little brighter.
I was not sure if I should keep the appointment but went any way. Once Leia was put on the white paper covered table she lost it. Curse the paper. It always seems to trigger anxiety in my kids. When the doctor came in, she wanted nothing to do with him and continued to cry. No cooperation from this girlie girl. She wanted out.The visit was short and her shots would have to wait until her next checkup.
Our doctor is awesome and wrote out a script for some Zofran, hopefully I wrote/ said that right, and we ended up needing it since she threw up a second time in the car, and then a third time while at the hospital waiting to get the medication. She was able to hold the meds down along with some Gatoraide so she ended the night on a good note.
It took her a few days to fully re-cooperate and during that time Ella and Ryan became sick. Jonathan's stomach, along with mine, felt uneasy but neither of us became super sick. I still feel like I am playing the waiting game.
So, with all of that said, Leia is pretty much back to herself. Still climbing around. The other day she took the bathroom stool, put it next to the fireplace, and the proceeded to climb on it. I asked her what she was doing and she pointed to our toy snowman. The little goober is so smart.... and cute.
Jonathan has been playing more with her. Ella doesn't want Leia to grow up because she always wants a baby to play with. When I explained to Ella that as Leia grows up they could do more stuff together like have actual conversations, go on rides together, play games, etc. Ella thought about it for a moment and then decided Leia growing up was a good thing.
Leia is also speaking more and said her first sentence, "I did it!" Granted she learned it from Dora, but non the less it is exciting. On a funnier note a few days ago Ryan was holding her and she told him, "daddy fat" and proceeded to repeat it a few times. Quite entertaining. She also has moments where we ask her to say something and she will repeat it. She also has been saying "happy"a lot and "I got ". It's still amazing to me how quickly kids learn language.
Her 16 month stats are:
Length: 31-1/2 in.
weight: 22lbs. 4.5 oz.
Head cir. : 19 in.
Cuteness: off the charts!