The summer has almost completely ended or us but I had promised Jonathan he could fix up a chair I found and use it in his room. The chair sat... lonely, inside the basement for quite some time. On Friday we went to Joann's and Jonathan found a fabric he wanted for the seat, soft to the touch and the perfect shade of blue, and once Leia drifted off into a peaceful nap, we busted out the chair and proceeded with the make over.
The kids sanded down the chair while I tackled the seat. We ended up finishing it before Leia woke up. Nice. unfortunately as I was putting the seat back on I noticed areas I forgot to paint, so a touch up is needed.
Jonathan did not mind and was dying to bring it up to his room. So he brought it up, sat down and proceeded to work hard at dreaming up big ideas and writing them down in his notebook.
.
The next day Ryan finally mounted the snowboards unto the wall with out putting any new quarter size holes in the wall and hiding the previous one made. He also added a shelf where Jonathan can display his Lego creations without little girlie girl hands getting hold of them. GorElla will not strike again!
I must say the room is coming together nicely. Ryan made the comment about the room looking like a Star Wars room because of the colors and then the thought came about getting old school Star Wars bedding but that my friends is for another day.
The next day Ryan finally mounted the snowboards unto the wall with out putting any new quarter size holes in the wall and hiding the previous one made. He also added a shelf where Jonathan can display his Lego creations without little girlie girl hands getting hold of them. GorElla will not strike again!
I must say the room is coming together nicely. Ryan made the comment about the room looking like a Star Wars room because of the colors and then the thought came about getting old school Star Wars bedding but that my friends is for another day.
