Monday, May 3, 2010

We are family

Since moving out here to PA, Ryan wanted to see his grandfather out in West Virginia. It took us two years to make the trip, but we were finally able to get out there and visit. Ryan was 12 years old the last time he saw his grandfather so this trip was long overdue.

I must say it is gorgeous out there. The drive was breath taking. The pictures are beautiful but still do not portray how amazing it is.

The kids had a great time. I was rather worried about how they would handle everything but things worked out. Jonathan thought Grandpa Stockett had the best invention place on the planet. His initial look into Grandpa's barn got Jonathan thinking about inventing stuff. Stuff meaning he wanted to invent something but his 7 year old brain was not sure of what so he wanted to tinker and explore everything. Ella found some baskets, blankets and a few stuffed animals and went off into her imaginary world bringing "grandpa daddy", aka Uncle Gary, with her. The kids were also able to sit on grandpa's tractors and see two baby kittens. While all of this went on Ryan spent time just talking with his grandpa about this and that.

Back in the day Grandpa Stockett was a welder which gave him wonderful skills to apply in making things around the house as well as at his job. He made an attachment for his tracker that mows his "lawn", a tree stand and many other things which I was not able to her about due to checking on kids.

It was a wonderful trip and we are hoping to go out there again.
Ella with grandpa daddy.
Grandpa Stockett playing with Leia.
All the boys and Leia. Ella was exhausted beyond her little body could handle so she was in no mood for pictures. I was holding her while I took this picture of everyone else.

As a side note: Wonder why Jonathan is so happy in this picture? Right before I took it I noticed he was making a silly face in a previous picture. I asked him about it and he just started laughing. Mischievous, silly, seven year old boy brains!

Posted by PicasaJonathan in front of the barn he asked a million times to go back into. Sorry bud, we need to create your own invention room.