Friday, May 7, 2010

accidentally on purpose

Jonathan went on a field trip to the zoo today. Last Monday during FHE we were going over the schedule for the week and decided the girls and I would attempt to "bump into him" sometime during the field trip.

It was yet again another beautiful day and I had a great time walking around with the girls seeing the different animals. Ella loves the penguins and we spent some extra time just watching them. It paid off because towards the end, their keepers came in and all of a sudden the penguins waddled near the water and jumped in. It was amazing to watch them swim together and then get out. Next they started to walk around and stopped right in front of Ella. She just watched in pure joy. I know she liked it because later on at home she waddled around during dinner time.

As all this was happening I kept a lookout for Jonathan but did not spot him. We continued to walk around but still no Jonathan. Finally I spotted his teacher and she informed me he just sat down to eat. We headed over there and he was happy to see us. We talked for a few minutes, took a picture of him with his friends and then we left to eat our lunch. I wanted him to have time with his friends and enjoy his field trip.

After lunch we walked around for a little bit and Ella finally fed the fish... something she wanted to do the last time went but was unable to do because mommy was quarterless.

While we headed out once again we saw Jonathan. He was leaving with his group headed for the bus. I still can't believe how relaxing it was. I need to do this more often.



Jonathan with his friends eating lunch.
I let Jonathan borrow the camera so he took some pictures of the animals.






Ella was sad she could not hang out with "her girls", aka the neighborhood girls in Jonathan's class, during lunch time.

While downloading the pictures I came across this gem. Jonathan figured out how to switch the camera to film videos. The little stinker! It sure made me smile.