Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kratzer Fair 2010

You know it's the end of the school year when Jonathan's school has its annual fair. I even stayed up extra late last night making a cake for the cake walk. Jonathan has been waiting patiently to use the 20 tickets he won from the Read A-Thon! Ella was just excited we could go to Jonathan's school.

We arrived at the fair just shortly after it started. Taking the kids by myself I wanted to go when it was not as crowded. I packed a drink for everyone since the weather was 90+ degrees. Whew what a day!

Jonathan's eyes quickly zeroed in on the climbing wall and that was where he wanted to start spending his tickets. He began to climb and I don't know what came over me but I kept coaching him on where to put his feet and hands. He got about half way up, realized how high he was and then wanted down. Since no one else was really there yet he was able to rest and try two more times. Half way was still as far as he got but he enjoyed the climb. After that Jonathan put sand in a bottle. We then took a break and went inside the school to cool off.

We had a few highlights of the evening. The kids loved the bouncer. I kept Leia occupied by feeding her some yummy pear juice to make sure she was hydrated.

Some of Jonathan's friends approached him to join in on a cake walk. He walked the walk and won! What cake did he choose? Mine! I guess you can make your cake and eat it too. I made the cake with him in mind... Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that were inside the chocolate cake, inside the frosting between the two layers and some on top. It was delicious with a glass of cold milk.

Last but not least, we gave Ella purple hair. People kept commenting how they liked her hair and I think it made her a little self conscious because while we were in the store after the fair, she wanted to make sure no one saw her hair. Poor thing. I think it looked fabulous! Her hair is so blond the purple really stood out. Unfortunately it rubbed off easily and we ended up with purple marks on the stroller and her car seat. Luckily when we got home I put her straight into the shower so it did not end up on the furniture.

It was a fun evening but boy am I tired.




Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa