I love the Olympics. I am not addicted to watching every single minute. To be honest I was not able to watch much of it this year but I still love the games. It is just awesome to see so many people working hard to accomplish their dreams and goals in life. Seeing the medalists reach their goals and watching the pure joy and excitement of their moment is fantastic. Then you hear the stories behind some of the athletes. The struggles, tears, heart aches, promises made to loves ones, and sacrifices made by loved ones. It is a lot of work to get to that point but what a reward. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. It's wonderful to see so many people succeed.
I realize not every one's goals are met and there is much disappointment for many of the athletes but if you think about it, all the athletes there are considered the best in their country and that says a lot. Just being picked to go is an honor.
Watching the games makes me want to be a better person. To work harder at the things that are important to me. It feels good to not be a fence sitter anymore.