Saturday, March 6, 2010

Roadshow

A few weeks ago I was approached to help out for the roadshow. As weary as I was about how much I could actually help out I volunteered anyway and brought to the table what ever time and talents I was able to contribute. I knew I would be bringing along my three kids since Ryan's rotation is trauma but hey, I would support our stake's roadshow. So last week I made fliers, went grocery shopping so I could make the crew breakfast and lunch, stayed up late to make cupcakes and awaited "the" day.

Well today was "the" day and I am surprised how well it went. (my prayers were answered!) I woke up early to pack the diaper bag and load my car up. Jonathan was super excited and wondered if he would get a part in the play. The girlie girls were locked and loaded and we left for the day because west coast LDS people, the road show out here is a one day only affair. You get the script, make props and rehearse all in one short day and perform that night. Different, I know, but surprisingly fun.

Anyway, Jonathan did get a part and was tickled to have a costume and was able to hang out with older kids and became one of the big boys. The play even had a sword fight which Jonathan was so ecstatic to be a part of. Ultimate coolness for a seven year old boy.



With all the action Ella wanted to dress up... even though she was not in the play, she thought she was. So a kind woman found the most twirly skirt I have ever seen. Ella was in heaven. She wore a crown which had written on it Princess for the Day, a wand and sparkly necklace. (not seen in picture).. such a princess. She also spent part of the day in Nursery, a place she loves. With all the fun, Ella did not want to leave church and it was a traumatic experience when the fun was over and she had to go home.

As for Leia she was a good baby. She managed to fit a nap in during part of the rehearsal. As for me, I was able to fulfill my promises. Breakfast was a little late but lunch was served on time. I was even able to make three posters while the kids played with some toys.

Unfortunately I was unable to see the actual performance. Luckily Ryan came home earlier than expected and took Jonathan while I dealt with some over exhausted girlie girls. Ryan said it was a great road show and Jonathan came back home on an adrenaline rush.

So thank you everyone who participated, especially Donnalee. If I had a hat on I would take it off to you and give you a round of applause. You deserve all the awards won. My kids had an awesome day because of you!