
This month has flown by. Leia has made leaps and bounds in her development. First of all, right after hitting her 6 month mark, she started eating baby food. I was extremely curious how she would react to it since she has been eyeing and trying to grab any food within reach. I started her out on pears and just slowly introduced another new fruit or veggie after 2 or three days. It took her a couple days to figure out how to eat food but now she's a pro. At first her tongue always got in the way which I finally figured out she was doing that because that's what her mouth does when nursing. Why I never figured this out before I have no idea. Any who she figured out she needs to change her mouth/ tongue position when eating versus nursing and now chows down on both. Her favorites, meaning she seems to gobble these foods down quicker and makes noises if I'm not fast enough at feeding her, are ... (drum roll please)....bananas, bananas and berries, sweet potatoes, and carrots. She currently is eating three meals a day and is loving it! You go baby!



As far as movement goes, she is on the loose. The past month I have watched her move from a laying down position to sitting independently. She does this all by herself. No help from Momma.

She will also go from her back and roll up into a crawling position. A few days later she added on rocking back and forth. Then a few days after that she started moving a leg forward but currently is only able to crawl one or two steps forward before she does a crash landing. We actually got one of her first attempts on film just for your viewing pleasure.
She is still full of smiles and tries really hard to interact with everyone. She is fascinated by hair so all of us have to watch how carefully our heads get to her hands. She also loves to play in Ella's room which someday will be her room as well once she starts sleeping through the night. When she gets really exciting her hands and arms will shake as she attempts to grab what ever it is she wants.
Ryan and I are trying to get her to talk. I am working on her saying Mommacita or Momma while Ryan is working on Dadda. We'll see what happens. She does get a huge smile on her her face when I say Momma but that's it but I'll take that smile any day. It is so cute! Of course last night it sounded like she said Ella. Each day is exciting to just watch her and see how quickly she is developing. I love the fact I can stay at home and watch these things happen. Leia is simply amazing.