Our church block is now in the morning so we have the rest of the day to spend together. As a family we have started watching a movie after church. I pop popcorn, the kids get out their sleeping bags and set them up in front of the TV and then shortly after we start the movie. So far most of the movies are chosen by one of the kids but this time I chose a classic... The Princess Bride.
Let's back track a little, shall we. A couple months ago Jonathan became very sick and Ryan was trying to find the movie Princess Bride but was unsuccessful. He thought Jonathan could relate to it, especially since the boy was at home sick, like Jonathan. Anyway yesterday we were at our local library and a copy was available so I picked it up and that was the movie we watched. It is a movie Ryan and I both thoroughly enjoy, were glad to see it again and secretly hoped Jonathan would like it as well. Who wouldn't?
We watched the movie together and Jonathan seemed very interested and kept asking questions. Ella lasted through most of the movie but left to play upstairs towards the end. Ryan and I just enjoyed reconnecting with the beloved movie and would smile or laugh during our favorite parts and yes, we would take a peak at Jonathan to see if he was enjoying it as much as we were.
So if anyone doesn't know this, Ryan frequently calls me "lady". He has done this for years and got the idea from The Princess Bride. The scene is at the very end of the movie where Andre the Giant just showed the crew 4 white horses and remarked one was for the princess in case they came back with her. He then sees her and replied, "Hello lady". When this scene was playing, Ryan and I looked at each other and smiled. It ended up being the perfect Valentine's Day movie... kids and all.
As a side note, the movie was made in 1987. Quick, do the math... it's been around for almost 25 years! Yet another reminder time keeps on ticking by!