Thursday, February 11, 2010

darn gopher.. umm, I mean groundhog

The great blizzard of 2010 hit our area. I really thought it was a bunch of hype and didn't expect the amount of snow we did receive. Anyway, the night before we received a phone call that school would be canceled on Wednesday even though when I looked out the window it wasn't snowing yet. The snow did come and continued to snow and snow and yes snow for a good part of Wednesday. I was waiting for it to stop and then shovel out the walkway but realized I could not wait any longer when I tried to open the door to let Jak Jak out and could barely open it wide enough.

I shoveled the back and front areas, just enough to make a path and open the doors. When I came back into the house I could not find Ella. I kept calling her name but no response. My heart sank. I was searching the house randomly because I was so worried. Anyway, Jonathan found her. She was in his room, a place she knows she should not be, so she quietly hid in the closet hoping not to be found. When we did find her she bawled her head off. I am so glad she was safe.

After the drama and dinner I dressed the kids up and let them play in the snow. I think we had at least a foot of snow. You can see how deep it was by looking at the table in one of the pictures. The kids had a lot of fun. The kids decided to build a fort while I attempted to build a snowman.Ella kept getting her foot stuck and when trying to unstick it would loose her boot and sock thus exposing her bare foot. We made a couple trips into the house to get snow gear back on.

School was yet again canceled today, Thursday, with holidays on Friday and Monday. So Jonathan will have 6 consecutive days of no school! Too bad Ryan is working or we could go somewhere. Oh well, we'll just spend the time enjoying the snow.

my car



kids playing... Jonathan decided to just jump in the snow and land on his belly.