Monday, October 12, 2009

Jonathan's Birthday Party

This year Jonathan sort-of had a spy theme to his party. He called it a spy, Bakugan, Hot Wheels party. We didn't have time for any Bakugan brawls or a Hot Wheel car race but the day was still fun.

I have to mention the invitations because it is a cool idea I found in a magazine. You write the party details with a white crayon on white paper. When the invited guests get the invite, they dip it in colored water to decode the message. Jonathan mentioned using water colors which was a better idea. Anyway, the kids had fun decoding the papers.


His party was a bunch of crazy... probably because everyone invited came so we had 14 kids. I think that is the limit our place can handle. The party consisted of the following activities. The kids put together and designed their marshmallow gun. Then they ate pizza while the guns got their custom paint jobs. Next they went through a spy training course where they used their gun to hit various targets and received a diploma when the course was completed. Then we had cupcakes and ice cream. I heard of an idea where you put a candy in the cupcake, then bake it. So I tried it. Half the cupcakes had a Reese's peanut butter cup at the bottom and they were yummy. Anyway, back on track... Lastly was the present opening.


It was a lot of work before and during the party but the kids seemed to have fun so it was well worth it. Hardly any pictures were taken because of the craziness but out neighbor grabbed the camera and took a few while Ryan and I were tending to the guests. We have the best neighbors. Anyway, in the picture you can see some of the guns the kids made.