This year Jonathan did everything for his pumpkin. It was rather interesting because I just found out to preserve your jack o lantern you can put a layer of petroleum jelly over it. So Jonathan is putting it on while I was cutting Ella's pumpkin. I look over and his pumpkin has a thick layer of petroleum. He used about half the container. Needless to say it was entertaining watching him clean off the jelly and then trying to wash it off his hands.
For Ella we cut out Dora's face. She was so excited. Jonathan and Ella kept singing the Dora song while I cut out the face. It was very cute.
I was surprised that clean up was not bad. Every time Ella scooped out some seeds she would try flicking them off her hand so we ended up with pumpkin bits here and there. Man you need to clean those up fast because it's a pain when dry. Other than that, not bad. Of course the minute Jonathan's hands became dirty he wiped them off on his jeans. I watched him do it. The paper towels were right in front of him! Ahhh! At least he said sorry. Boys! I shouldn't say that because later Ella wiped her dirty hands on the carpet! Kids!!! Honestly, I do tell them to use a napkin. It was a fun night.