Saturday, October 3, 2009

busy, busy

Last week we took off for California to be at my brother's wedding, which took place September 26th. It was four days of craziness but well worth it. Watching my brother exchange vowes with Marissa was simply beautiful. I have yet to see two people look as sincere and in love as they did. Ryan liked how Marissa jumped for joy when they were announced husband and wife... very cute.

Months ago John asked if the kids would like to be in the wedding. Jonathan was the ring bearer and Ella was one of two flower girls. Jonathan looked so grown up and did a fantastic job. At the rehearsal Ella raced down the aisle so we threw in some extra practices after the rehearsal and before the wedding. It worked and she did great. All she really wanted to do was follow her cousin Emily... poor Emily, Ella was a little too much in her face.

The reception was beautiful. Marissa and her friends did most, if not all, of the work and everything turned out great. My brother designed the cake and cake topper. All the work they put into it really paid off and I think it makes the day even more special. Unfortunately I did not take many pictures... sorry.

Towards the end of the evening the wedding party went outside to take wedding pictures. Bride and groom in front with the wedding party holding light sabers in the background. It looked so cool. I wish I had a picture to post because explaining it does not even come close to how awesome the pictures turned out. Jonathan had a lot of fun since they let him use one of the light sabers.

During the trip we spent part of Friday at the pool with my sister and her family.

I forgot how hot it is in California. It was over 100 degrees while visiting. Luckily it cooled off in the evenings. Also on Friday Ryan and I went out with Alysha and her boyfriend to get pedicures... my first time. It was great. I already messed up my pedicure which saddens me.

Lastly, on Sunday we blessed Leia. I was so exhausted at this point I just wanted to rest... you can tell in the pictures taken I was done. After the blessing we stayed to watch the primary program. This was the first time in 8 weeks that I have been to church so I wanted to attend as much of the sacrament meeting as possible.

We then said our goodbyes and left for the airport. At the airport and on the airplane Ella and Leia had some meltdowns but we made it home.

I must apologize to family for not being in the best mood. I didn't get a lot of sleep during the trip which makes me cranky. Hopefully no one was offended. Any who, it was great to see everyone and hopefully it won't be too long until we visit again.