Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I almost forgot...

A couple things happened this month that were not blogged. I want them added because I forget things easily and I didn't want to forget this.

The last week of school Jonathan won a Bookworm Award/ ribbon. He read everyday during the school year. His reading has improved so much and he enjoys it. Along with the ribbon came a gift card for Barnes and Noble where he chose a Bakugan book. He is now part of the summer reading program at our local library.

The first day of summer vacation Jonathan had a dentist appointment where we found out he had a cavity. He enjoys going to the dentist so I was a bit concerned this would change after getting a cavity filled but it didn't. He was given the choice of laughing gas or a shot and he chose the shot. I must admit it was quite entertaining watching him talk and try to eat/drink after the appointment with one side of his mouth still numb. We had to keep reminding him not to touch his cheek because he kept scratching it. He was fascinated with the fact he could not feel anything on that side of his face.



One day before my parents came out I took the kids to a "welcome new residents" activity for Ryan's work. Ryan could not attend because he was working but the event was held at the Davinci center. A place Jonathan has been dying, asking, hoping we would go to again. It was a little weird to go without Ryan but I wanted to support Ryan's program because it is fabulous. I also wanted to represent the residents that actually have a family and kids. In Ryan's group/year there is only three families, out of I think 15 residents, and I ended up being the only one that attended. The kids had fun exploring the center which has some pretty cool science displays and activities. After the event we got home rather late and saw fireflies. There is just something magical about fireflies.



I think that's it. If not, I'll add on later.