Once again I ventured out on a Saturday morning, kids in tow, to hit some yard sales. Around here neighborhoods hold them together so you don't have to travel far to far to hit a few of them. Anyway, yesterday I was in search for sleepers, for the new baby, and summer maternity clothes.
On craigslist was mentioned one house that had maternity clothes so we went there first. Most of the clothes were for colder weather, but I did find three items, one never worn. Each piece was only a dollar.. what a deal.
Since that didn't take long I decided to walk around with the kids. I actually get nervous because there are many cars driving the neighborhood checking out the yard sales. I have to be alert and make sure the kids stay safe.
Anyway, I found some cute tops, a dress and a pair of paints for Ella. Each item was a dollar and some of the clothes were Gap. I just love yard sales. Towards the end, I found some sleepers for the new baby... something I needed. I am beginning to feel more prepared for this baby...yay!
Jonathan really likes the yard sales. When we first went out a week ago he found some great deals and walked away with four Bakugans, 2 books, a water gun, and a plush dragon. He only paid five dollars for everything. After that experience, he realized he could get more for his money at a yard sale versus a regular store. Plus he likes meeting new people and socializing ... an added bonus. He always thanks the people he bought something from, which is very polite and cute.
As a side note, I feel very blessed to find things I need for the baby. Sticking to the budget Ryan and I established is a priority for me and I am already being blessed in trying to follow the advice church leaders have given about living within your means.
Case in point:
On Friday I received an email from a friend that she was giving away for free items left over from her garage sale. We stopped by and were able to get some great stuff. Jonathan finally got the desk he has been asking for. He used it the moment it was placed in his room. Also, Ella has two new pairs of shoes, a white dressy pair for church and a pair of sandals. Both I wanted to buy, but we didn't have the money. Also I found warm clothes for the baby, something I didn't have and was having a hard time finding. Jonathan even found a game boy with a few games. He has wanted a Nintendo DS but they are too expensive. He still doesn't take care of his toys properly. I can imagine him loosing or breaking the Nintendo within the first week. So this Game boy fits his needs and is a great opportunity for him to practice taking care of his nicer toys.
I just feel very blessed. What more can I say.