Saturday, May 16, 2009

this week...

First off I would like to say that I am SO ready for bed, since about 6pm, but felt I needed to post something for family. So here's the week.

Last Sunday-Mother's Day... Ryan had to leave early for work so I had my breakfast in bed at 6:30am. Jonathan was so excited he would not leave until I ate it. Being rather tired, I shared it with him...luckily I picked donuts for breakfast so he didn't mind.

I found out that Ella's flight reflex is a bad mix when she takes off a poopy diaper. I ended up cleaning poop off the wall, floor and her sandals... she stepped in the poop while trying to run away. Why can't she just stay in one place when I ask her?

Monday: My sister had her baby:)

Tuesday- Finally went to the hospital to get my glucose test done.

Wednesday- Can't remember.

Thursday- Had an activity's meeting where Ella wanted her picture taken and she struck a few poses. I have no idea where she learned that. It was cute.





Got a call from my doctor's office. Unfortunately my test results were slightly higher than normal so I neeed to take a three hour glucose test...yuck. I could not sleep due to the looming test results plus the season finale of Grey's Anatomy kept coming into my mind.


Friday- Woke up early to take my test. Ella was great considering we were stuck in a waiting room for three hours. I brought toys and was able to change the channel to kid shows ... yay. After the test I was drained but was able to take a nap. Even with the nap I was in a bad mood and Ryan remarked that I was in rare form today...aka... a cranky, complaining, everything is annoying me mood. I guess he shoud be thankful it is rare and not my everyday self.

Saturday- A long day. Our neighborhood had a yard sale that we participated in. In the morning I set up, spend four hours outside with the kids, then cleaned up by myself because Ryan was working. Not too many people stopped by the yard sale... where were they?

During the sale Jonathan mentioned a piece of his artwork was chosen to be displayed at the annual Art Festival located at the high school... we had to go see it. As we pulled into a parking spot it started to rain. Nice. We went inside and found his piece of art and then walked around and looked at all the other artists. There are some talented kids in this area.




Most of the rain stopped so we went outside where the kids worked on some art projects. Ella made a star wand while Jonathan worked on a pinwheel. Then the kids made necklaces and Ella had a fit due to no nap. Poor kid.









After the craftiness was done, Jonathan wanted a snack. The vendors were very nice and split a popcorn and cotton candy so the kids each had their own bag. As they ate, everyone started to pack up so we left shortly after. I end up pushing Jonathan in the stroller while I held Ella. I think I lifted way too much today.

Right now I am experiencing a lightening/ thunder storm. They are so beautiful but I have a hard time sleeping during them. It's beginning to feel more like summer...warm and humid mixed in with thunder storms.
O yeah, I am still waiting to see more pictures of Heather's baby. Hopefully they'll be up tomorrow. I can't wait... really I can't. I've been checking everyday for them.