Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day

On Memorial Day Jonathan woke up super early, about 5:45 am. It wouldn't have been too bad except I did not go to bed until 1am so I was rather tired and cranky. However, I did need to get up early to prepare for our ward activity. So, I dragged myself out of bed and started making cupcakes, packing up the car, made lots of lemonade, etc. Luckily Ryan woke up just as I finished everything so he watched Ella while Jonathan came with me to help set everything up.

The activity was at Covered Bridge Park, a tradition in our ward. I made reservations back in January because I heard reservations for Memorial Day are hard to come by. Anyway, we set up and then went back home to pick up Ella. We ended up staying 4 hours after returning the second time...Ryan stayed home to study.

The kids had tons of fun. A play area was super close and the kids went on the swings, slides and all the other fun stuff. Then all the kids were gathered up for some fun games which Jonathan really enjoyed. A little later he joined a game of baseball where he actually hit a pitched baseball. It was an impressive hit. Then he went with some other kids to the river. During all of his Ella walked around like crazy which started to wear me out. Finally I had someone watch her while I cleaned up and packed the car. Shortly after Jonathan came back completely soaked, but had a huge grin on his face. He kept saying over and over again how he wants to go back and next time go on a canoe ride. I can definitely see why our ward has this activity.

When arriving home Ryan surprised me and cleaned the living room, dining room and part of the kitchen. I appreciated it greatly because I was not looking forward to cleaning the mess up when I got home... and yes, he also studied for a few hours.