Ok. I guess I should be added to the list of bad moms because my child bites. Go on, tell me how awful I am... that I don't watch my child close enough... that I don't discipline my children and how terrible I am for allowing this to happen.
Truth be told, little kids can't communicate that well and this bite was due to frustration. Ella had her favorite toy, Jonathan saw it and proceeded to take it away from her. Ella yelled at the top of her lungs ,"no", many, many times but Jonathan did not listen and kept trying to take it away but her super grip made it a good struggle. Since Jonathan was not listening to Ella she bit him, which made Jonathan let out a huge scream. He starts crying and Ella is quickly put in the corner crying hysterically while I try to comfort Jonathan.
She bit him so hard that she broke and went through a few layers of skin... Jonathan even had his shirt on! Like I said, Ella bites hard. A few minutes later Ryan came up and I told him what happened. He then looked at the bite and said Jonathan needed medicine...amox-clav. Seriously???...seriously!!! He told me human bites are dirty, dirtier than dog or cat bites, and if they break the skin they NEED to be treated because they will get infected and if left untreated a kid could end up in the hospital looking at possible surgery... seriously??? So Ryan went a 24 hour pharmacy, all the other ones were closed... super bowl Sunday plus it was later in the evening, and bought the $150 medicine. Yikes. Luckily we can fill out some forms and get reimbursed for most of it.
A couple lessons learned... hopefully.
Jonathan: DO NOT GRAB things away from your sister and LISTEN TO YOUR MOM. I have already told him numerous times not to grab things but does he listen, nope. He learned a hard lesson that night.
Ella: DO NOT BITE!
Amy: Human bites are a lot more serious than I thought.