Monday, February 23, 2009

addicted

We all have things we just love and get a tad addicted to. The past couple days I realized some addictions that are in our family.

Jonathan at times gets very addicted to reading. On Saturday, I came back from the library and let Jonathan know I had some new books for him to read. I went upstairs and by the time I came back down he was hiding in his chair reading a book...Magic Tree House of course. So the next few hours he read and read...even in the car. That night he ended up reading 3 1/2 chapter books which added up to about 240 pages. I was amazed.

Ella is currently addicted to Dora. Frequently when we come home from the bus stop she'll walk through the door and say, "Dora shows" or "My shows" and won't stop until they come on. The pure look of glee covers her face as she watches the intro and she waits at the edge of her seat to join in and say ," Dora" at the beginning of the song and then waits to say "oh, man" at the end.

For me, I always get addicted to Taco Bell when pregnant. I love their bean burritos, no onions, and fire sauce. Lately I always get the packets that say, "ahhh, we meet again." I was very excited to find out we have Taco Bells out here.

I hardly see Ryan these days so I don't know what he is addicted to. My guess it would be Ella's laugh. He just has to hug and kiss that girl if she goes on a laughing spree. Hmmmm oh yeah, I missed the obvious answer... soda. Let me just say he calls Dr. Pepper the nectar of the gods.

We all have addictions. Some better than others. If we keep them in moderation we should be fine... but can you really do that? I guess we'll find out.