Today was a BIG wake up call (literally) that my life in a sunshine state is no longer. The day started out by getting a phone call at 5:30am that the school buses will be delayed two hours. I guess if I really think about it, I should be happy because in CA I woke up everyday at that time for work and only getting woken up once so far in PA, not too shabby.
Anyway, I went back to sleep and let the kids sleep in. They did not wake up until 9am! Nice. So we did our regular routine except Jonathan went to school at 10:30 but school got out the same time.
I desperately needed to get some errands done so I decided to load Ella into the car. One problem, the car was covered in a sheet of ice. I let the car warm up, with Ella inside listening to Christmas songs, while this Cali girl had her first experience scrapping off the ice. At first it wasn't bad, but then it started raining. With an umbrella in one hand and ice scrapper in the other, I began the job which ended up being a fun experience.
We went about our errands and realized I needed to get some gas or else we would not be driving much longer. I tried to use atm card but was denied and said I needed to see the cashier. Didn't want to leave Ella so we drove on to another station. I parked in the front just in case I would have the same problem and I did. Talking to the cashier I found out the satilites were down for the outside machines due to the weather. For real...seriously?
To say the least it was an interesting day. It's fun the shake up life a little and try something new.