OK a side note. Ella doesn't quite understand toys that look like everyday things and instead of playing with them, well, she tries to use them the normal everyday way. For example, the toy shopping cart was climbed in by Ella and she tried to sit in the front like a normal sized cart. Also, she climbed into the baby bassinet like it was her crib and when in fell apart Ella said, "I broke it." Luckily it was easily fixed. I think the funniest example was last week Ella saw a play baby toilet at a friend's house and she tried to sit on it.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Chirstmas
Well, there was good, bad and ugly moments this Christmas... the bad and ugly dealt with Ella's moods and a couple of huge presents JakJak left in the basement. All and all it has been a wonderful day filled with fun times together. Here are a few pics I took of the morning.
Ryan wanted a pic of the kids on the stairs waiting to come down and see the presents... sound familiar Southworth gang? Yes, we like our traditions. Unfortunately Ella was woken up and from the pic its easy to tell she needs more beauty sleep...
...but when she saw the kitchen, her mood changed and was good for a little bit before having to take her back upstairs for some much needed sleep.
Ella didn't quite get the whole opening presents thing. I had to unwrap most of the presents and when she saw the gift, that's when she became interested and tried to get the toy out of its box. The very last two presents were the only ones she unwrapped, but at least she finally got the idea.
Jonathan made a Gingerbread man out of clay at school and gave it to us as a gift. He did such a good job... it is my new favorite ornament. I know when he is all grown up i'll look at this ornament and cry wondering why/how time flew by so quickly.
Ella loved her gift from Santa, doodle pro, and woud keep going back to it and play. She loves to draw so this was a great toy. Jonathan even wanted in on the action, thus we got a group shot.
OK a side note. Ella doesn't quite understand toys that look like everyday things and instead of playing with them, well, she tries to use them the normal everyday way. For example, the toy shopping cart was climbed in by Ella and she tried to sit in the front like a normal sized cart. Also, she climbed into the baby bassinet like it was her crib and when in fell apart Ella said, "I broke it." Luckily it was easily fixed. I think the funniest example was last week Ella saw a play baby toilet at a friend's house and she tried to sit on it.
OK a side note. Ella doesn't quite understand toys that look like everyday things and instead of playing with them, well, she tries to use them the normal everyday way. For example, the toy shopping cart was climbed in by Ella and she tried to sit in the front like a normal sized cart. Also, she climbed into the baby bassinet like it was her crib and when in fell apart Ella said, "I broke it." Luckily it was easily fixed. I think the funniest example was last week Ella saw a play baby toilet at a friend's house and she tried to sit on it.