Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Leia turns 4!

Holy Moly Guacamole, Leia is now four!


After the long drive home from Cali and kiddos were put to bed, I got to work decorating the house for Leia's big day. I think I was up until about 1am. Any who... Leia loves butterflies so I made about two dozen of them and decorated our dining area, her bedroom and put a few ribbons going down her doorway filled with butterflies. I was excited about that idea. She would open her door and then BAM, she would walk through butterflies. I also did the traditional balloons on the floor and a b-day note. Since she was going to preschool in the morning, I also put together a little gift she could past out to the students. It was super simple but cute. A box of crayons with a butterfly on top made out of tissue paper and a Smartie. It was also inexpensive which is awesome.

It was fun to help Leia pass out gifts to the students. At that time she had only been in school for a couple weeks so the kiddos still did not know each other that well. The first few kids did not know what was going on, but the other kids quickly realized what was happening and gladly accepted the gift before heading home.

At home, Leia ate lunch, which I completely forget what she  had. I think she went out with Ryan for a little bit and then later in the day decorated her cake. I asked Ryan to get some candy and he came back with a ton! Way more than she needed. However, she sure enjoyed covering every inch of the cake with it along with snagging a few when she thought no one was looking.

That evening, she opened presents and we ate cake. Since we were still recovering from the quick trip, it was just our small family, but an incredibly nice evening.

 

( Leia & Ella chowing down some of the delicious candy)
 
I still can't believe Leia is 4! She no longer looks like a toddler but a super cute little girl. She is full of love and generosity. Within minutes of getting a gift, she then wants to give the gift to Ella because she loves her so much. She is also quick to share food and dish out hugs and kisses. She always tell Ryan and I how much she loves us and that we are the best parents ever. She loves to sing, dance and draw. She is so good at playing with Audrey, even though Audrey has frequently ripped out chunks of Leia's hair. Leia is quick to forgive and forget. She does have streaks where she doesn't listen and misbehaves but it's usually when she's super tired. She definitely is sneaky and keeps the older kiddos on their toes. I am so glad Leia is a part of our family. We love our little Firefly! Happy Birthday!!!!!!

( Girls playing with Leia's new Tinkerbell tea set)

PS- The following Friday Ryan took her to the movies to see planes. She loved the movie and enjoyed her daddy- daughter date.