Sunday, October 14, 2012

The big 70!

At the begining of October we went to Cali for a family vacation and to visit grandparents. While there, my mom had her b-day so we were able to celebrate it with her. We have not been able to do that in years.

This particular b-day was extra special because she turned 70! Towards the beginning of the day we took off for their mountain house and got the full, fabulous tour. My dad had a custom built home theater put in but we were never able to see it since we lived so far away. Finally we live closer, had some time on our hands and drove out to the mountains to see it. I knew the theater had to be nice since it was featured in a magazine but seeing it in person was awesome. The kids loved it instantly and ended up watching a movie. I think the sweetest part was looking up and seeing a replica of how the night sky looked the day my parents were married. I never knew my dad was such a romantic guy.

It was nice to spend time with my family. My mom has become a little attached to Leia and wisked her away to give Leia her own special tour of the place.

This picture cracks me up. It should have a caption like, "really, I HAVE to be a Packer's fan? What to do, what to do?"
 
 
 

Towards the evening we headed out to my brother's new place where we had pizza and cake. My brother's house is awesome as well. I love to see how people choose to decorate their home. It's kind of like wondering what style dress a new bride will choose. So fun.

                                                                My mom and brother


                                                                  My Dad and Mom