On October 8th Jonathan turned 10. Ryan and I are baffled how this happened. 10! He has been with us for 10 years! He has been looking forward to the day, looking at the calendar, counting the days and then the time came and went. The boy is growing up before our eyes. I'm trying not to blink.
The day was pretty low key. It started out with a yummy breakfast involving bacon and pancakes. Okay, the day really started off by him waking up to a lovely b-day note, having to use the bathroom and getting an unexpected surprise of balloons blocking his way.
Later in the day he went out with dad for lunch where he did some indoor rock climbing. Around dinner time, all the Huntingtons came over for dinner and to hang out. I'm not sure which Huntington family it is, but they have a tradition where the gifts are hidden and the b-day person has to find them. So off went a bunch of excited kids, hiding presents while Jonathan talked to G'pa on the phone. When he was finished the search began. He had a lot of fun and the Huntingtons spoiled him with many wonderful presents... all of which he stayed up late playing.

It seems so surreal that 10 years has passed by.When I think of other boys Jonathan's age and and see how they behave, it is quite apparent that Jonathan is a really good boy. He really tries to follow the Lord and is a wonderful big brother considering he is surrounded by girlishness. He is incredibly smart and constantly has something he is interested in... a new card game, his anime drawings, immersed in a new book or figuring out how to make a new idea/ invention become a reality. I am sooo glad he a part of our family. We love you Jonathan.