The kids have the first 2-1/2 weeks off of October so the brainstorming began months ago about what we should do for Jonathan's birthday. No more crazy residency schedule to worry about and mess up plans! Yahooooo! After much thought, we decided to head out to Cali and spend a couple days at Disneyland. It would be the first time for Leia and Audrey plus a long over due trip for Jonathan and Ella. I don't even think Ella remembers when she went the first time.The kids surprised me how good they were on the drive out there. We spent the first night in Simi and then took off for Disneyland the next morning. All the older kiddos were super excited and ready for the day. I LOVE to tell the little kids, this time Leia, that the tram is the first ride. Little wide eyed, crackly voice Leia, tried her best to take it all in with a gigantic smile on her face.
We spent a good part of the first day together. Now and then the boys went on some of the bigger rides. All of the girly girls enjoyed It's A Small World. Even Audrey got all snuggly comfortable on me and just looked at all the dolls in amazement. When the ride was done, we were pleasantly surprised to see Uncle John. He then politely followed us to go on the ride a second time, sat Ella on his shoulders so she could have a better seat for the parade that passed by after the ride and finally went off with the boys to go on some roller coasters Jonathan had waited patiently to ride.
While the boys played, it was tricky to find rides I could go on with three little girls. We ended up on a Merri go round and then going on the Ariel ride, which I was secretly dying for Leia to see. She loved it, Ella was a little scared and Audrey just hung in there. We atually went on it twice, the second time I looked over seeing my three little girls, seated smallest to biggest, holding unto the bar ready for the ride. It melted my heart and felt like one happy momma.
The next day the kids were a little beat, especially Leia. Uncle Todd and his family met us at Disneyland and spent the day with us. I feel so bad they had to wait in a huge line just to see Tinkerbell and then when we actually saw her, Leia freaked out half way through. Eventually she calmed down and we had another great day. They hung in there which I appreciate because Tinkerbell was a must see for us and a highlight of the trip for Ella. Even with 2 days we still had many rides not yet experienced but we can save those for another day.
I must say, some of the Disney employees really love their job and it shows. During the second day in Cars' land, we stumbled upon a mini live show. During it kids were invited to dance along. In the mist of them was a little boy in a wheelchair strumming an air guitar while pushing himself along in the line of kids. The look on his face was of pure joy. I looked over at one of the main Disney performers who was just smiling at him, turned her head and wiped away a few tears. I did too. That moment was truly magical.
We had a great time. Ryan and I were amazed with everything going on, how well the kids behaved. I still can't get over it. Best vacation ever!
Umm, funny and slightly embarrasing story. Jonathan, the older two girlsand I decided to ride Autotopia. While on the ride there are many, many signs that say do not bump other cars. Jonathan was in front of us and little did I know he would frequently stop due to having difficulties reaching the gas pedal. At the start of the ride I thought, "Hey I should get a pic of Ella driving the car." I fumbled through my purse, found my phone and then proceeded to get a decent pic. I ended up positoning the phone where I could not see Jonathan's car and within seconds I gave him a good bump. I was completely embarrased and hoping we would not get pulled off the ride. I guess no phone use should be used on car rides as well. Lesson learned I paid attention the rest of the ride but Jonathan kept stopping which meant I had to stop. One time we were bumped from a little girl. I must admit watching him drive made me cringe at the thought in about 5 years he will be driving for real. Heaven help me... and him.
Leia walking across the bridge in Tarzan's tree house.
Leia and me at the top of the tree house.Jonathan about to ride Star Tours... which is an awesome ride.
That dot between Jonathan and Ella is actually the center of Disneyland... found in the castle.
One of the few pictures we took of Audrey. Proof that she was there.
On both days we took a break here, where the kids could relax, have some down time and cool off.
Ella with Tinkerbell and her friend.
We even met Mickey mouse!
Audrey cutting a dance move.
Uncle John, purposefully making a weird face, along with Jonathan and Ryan on California Screamer.


