I must admit, I look at Audrey a little more cautiously that the other kiddos which is completely due to her delivery and being in the NICU. In the back of my mind I am holding my breath, hoping and praying she will develop normally. That nothing will be "wrong" with her. The whole walking milestone has been the biggest breath holder. Watching babies way younger than her walk and yet she was still content crawling. She did make the normal progressions just not as quickly as the other kids which goes back to wondering if she is truly okay. With that said, on Ryan and my wedding anniversary, Audrey took her first major solo steps. Unfortunately, I was not there since Ryan and I were out celebrating but the fact that she finally met that milestone was the best gift ever.
Needless to say, the last week has been a fun one just watching Audrey figure out walking a little better. It's amazing to see her get around and just enjoy her new freedom. I can finally breathe and see my toddler actually toddle around.
Anyway, I found out at her appointment that 15 months, at least according to her current doctor, is the cut off for learning how to walk. Man did Audrey get down to the wire on that one.
Everything else is going great. She is still rather skinny but has gained weight since her last appointment so hopefully that trend will continue.
She truly is a joy to watch and makes us all smile. Her laugh is contagious but her screams are earth shattering, soul splitting. She loves to play peak a boo and can say mom, dad, Ella, dog, this, hi and her own version of peak a boo. She enjoys waving and pointing at things but has also discovered all the kitchen cabinets at her level actually open. Many days of exploration are in her future!
We love you Audrey.
Just one quick story:
The cutest thing happened tonight during her bath. The dog came up to her and at first she was happy and chatting a bit at him. Then he licked her and she did not like it very much. She started to point at him, say some baby garble but in a commanding tone and then would touch, lightly smack his mouth. At first it puzzled me a bit but then I realized she was copying our behaviors towards the dog. Our new dog, Buddy, is only 6 months old and since he has been a little nippy at the kids, he really just wants to play, he has been in training mode of what is okay and what is not acceptable. A lot of nozzle grabbing and telling him no has been taking place between him, me and the other kids. Soooo during her bath, Audrey decided Buddy was not behaving properly and gave him a piece of her mind. You go girl!
Weight 19lbs 10.5 oz
Height 30-1/2 "
Head 17-1/2"