The morning began around 6:30am when Audrey and I both woke up. I quickly realized for the first time in the past 10-1/2 months she slept through the night... wooo whooo!!! I thought to myself," Today is going to be great!"
I was able to take a shower, nurse Audrey and then get her ready to eat some Cheerios BEFORE the other girls woke up... fabulous! Jonathan was even already up, studying for a test. I grabbed the potty incentive jar with a step in my walk and a smile on my face, went into the girls' room for a nice wake up and then I smelled the most awful smell... like puke.
I looked at Leia's face, since she is sick right now, but no traces of puke. I looked at her bed next and found something suspicious and realized she might have had diarrhea, checked her pull up and yep, I found the cause. She needed a quick bath since it was plastered to her very red, sore bottom.
This side distraction could possibly make us late so I yelled down to Jonathan telling him he needed to get Ella's breakfast while I helped out Leia. Once everything was OK, and Leia was now calling me Dr. Snail for helping her out, we went downstairs where I started started to make Jonathan's lunch, breakfast for Leia, and fed Audrey some baby food while Jonathan took a much needed, but quick shower.
Once Ella finished eating I told her to go get dressed. She left and quickly came back explaining her room smelled like throw up and could not get dressed. I completely understood since I got nauseous from being in it earlier so I grabbed some deodorizer to make things smell nicer. I walked around her room spraying this and that and then left to tend to the other kiddos. About 30 seconds later I heard Ella screaming that her eyes hurt. Somehow she walked into the spray? Anyway, I ran up the stairs, laid her on the bathroom counter, filled a cup with water, made sure her eyes stayed open and then splashed her eyes. She cried some more but the water worked and she began to calm down while I wiped the water/ tears away. Then I went back downstairs to help the other kids.
Some time between getting Audrey dressed, getting shoes and socks for Leia, I realized Jonathan would probably be cold in his shorts and t-shirt since it was 44 degrees out. I told him he should change to jeans but I got a, " no mom, I'll be OK. I'l just wear my vest." With Jackets on the girls and Audrey in her car seat, we headed for the car. Once everyone was in and buckled Jonathan mentions about how it was cold, very windy and wished he would have changed but knew it was too late to go back inside. Me not wanting him to freeze, quickly ran into the house, grabbed his jeans and told him to change while I drove to school, but first family prayer. Scripture study did not happen... again... hopefully I'll remember to read later.
Once Jonathan was dropped off on time, the rest of us headed out to the grocery store hoping Leia would not have to go to the bathroom. Sigh of relief for me because the craziness was behind us. About to get the girls out, I actually heard my phone ring but was unable to answer it on time. I called back the number to find out it was Jonathan's school. I began to wonder if he was OK, if something bad happened but they transferred me to Jonathan where he "needed" to tell/ remind me that today he was getting out early. I graciously thanked him, told him I loved him and then wondered how "out of it" I appeared to the boy who in our home is notorious to forgetting homework, forgetting to bring his trumpet home to the point where after two weeks his teacher wrote a reminder on the board, that he felt he needed to remind me about the short day. I had forgotten and yes today I sunk to a new low :( which took only 2-1/2 hours to accomplish.
PS. I'd better stop writing now so I don't miss the bus dropping him off!