Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

It seems like Christmas happened so long ago but I want to post about it before I forget any of the important things, which I think I already have.
For Christmas Eve we had some friends over, ate some yummy food and actually sat down and played a card game while the kids ran around and played together. After our friends left we did the whole PJ thing. All the kids loved their PJs but it was so fun to see Leia in hers. She was absolutely giddy over getting her first night gown. She would just walk around, stop, stroke her night gown, smile with a handful of giggles and then repeat the process over and over again. I called Ryan over to watch because it was that adorable. Jonathan received a pair of "baby" PJs which he requested and Ella's gift was a warmer, princessy night gown that came with a wand. After we were all PJified and somewhat settled we all sat down together and watched the church video about the birth/life of Jesus Christ. I must say, as sad as it seems, this was the first moment out of the whole season where I felt like we were celebrating the real reason for Christmas. Of course being the preggers I am, it was hard to hold back the tears which I failed miserably at. About halfway through the video, the story switched over to the account of Jesus Christ coming to the Americas and also the people in awaiting the signs prophesied to them about Christ's birth which is found in the Book of Mormon. It talked about how the believers were waiting for the sign of the Savior's birth and how the unbelievers basically gave a deadline for the signs to happen and then punishment would come upon the believers if the signs did not come to pass before the deadline. Well, the signs did come and during this part of the story Jonathan turned around and replied, "Ooooo, the nonbelievers just got poned." Ryan started busting up and had to explain the meaning of poned. I don't even know if I am spelling the word correctly. Anyway, it was funny but we were still able to refocus and enjoy the rest of the video.

Our kids woke up their normal times the next morning. Ella now wakes up the earliest but will always first come into my room so I know she is awake. I tried to stall her while everyone else got a little more sleep. Finally Jonathan woke up and I went in to get Leia. Then we waited on the stairs for Ryan to take a picture. The kids then proceeded down the steps to see what awaited them. Here are a few pictures we took.

The kids waiting patiently for the traditional Southworth stairs picture. Leia wins hands down for the best bed head.

Jonathan requested days before Christmas that Daddy would open his gift first. He made the gift, picked out a box, used up all the tape to wrap it and finally added a hand made pop up card. Ryan loved the gift and has stashed it away somewhere so it would not get broken. I just love the look on Jonathan's face... just happy and excited that Dad was about to open his present.

Ella was eying this present since it arrived in the mail. It was the only present wrapped in pink and she wanted to open it badly but she waited and got her wish of opening it first.



Miss Leia looks confused at what to do with the present. To be honest, all she really cared about having was the candy cane she spotted in her stocking. Once she was able to get hold of it she was one happy camper and just wanted to eat it. Silly parents wanted her to open presents. What were they thinking?

After Ryan helped Leia open her present he wrapped her into her new blanket and she just leaned back and said, "aahhh." She is so adorable. It is a super duper soft blanket. Probably the softest one I have ever made. I guess I can't say I made it. I just sewed a little border around it.

Jonathan seriously wanted a Snuggie for Christmas and frequently reminded me he wanted one. Then Ella blew the surprise and told him we bought one but he was still excited when he opened the present. He opened the box, put on the socks that came with the Snuggie and the following picture shows how he spent the majority of the day...

...playing his new Nintendo DS games. Ha!

After presents, the kids played with their new toys and I eventually snapped out of the restful day to make a dessert for the dinner we went to later that night. That is another story, that will be told another day, entailing the dreaded GorElla.
It was another wonderful Christmas.