Sunday, November 7, 2010

15 months old


I realized once Leia turned a year old I stopped any updates on her. It has been about three months since the last update so I thought I would mention what she has been up to.

Out of all our kids she has the most interest in climbing. This past week she learned if she climbed up on one of the dining room chairs, she's tall enough to hop up on the table. She thenproceeds to stand on the table and is overjoyed at what awaits her. This morning she found the left overs of Ella's breakfast which I was able to grab the hot chocolate before her but she snagged the pumpkin bread. Needless to say, we need to make sure the chairs are always pushed in.

Her favorite climbing spot is in the corner of our living room where she gets up on our chest and then does a little dare devil move unto the couch and laughs while falling into the cushions.

Leia definitely communicates more and does a whiny, "Mommy" or scream when she wants something. She is still very interested in finding out the names to everything and will point at something and say, "this". Very cute, especially when she tries to say the word. Speaking of words, some of the ones that she says are:

Mommy
Daddy
Ella
Nana
Papa
cheese
hi.... constantly says this while waving goodbye to Jonathan or when she sees the bus coming to drop him off.
this
that
up
down
out
off
on
puppy
cat
dog
yummy
sit
She said Jonathan and Leia once but no more.
Banana is pronounced Nana.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

All of us have fallen in love with her, since the day she was born. The kids are very kind and patient with her. It's very adorable and a joy to watch... but as I said earlier she is a toddler on the move so we'll see what the next chapter in her life will be.