I seriously have not posted yet about Halloween because I took hardly any photos and yet it felt like we celebrated Halloween for almost a week. So here it what we did...
... Monday: Made Jack-o-Lanterns out of the pumpkins we picked at the farm. Ella wanted her pumpkin to look like her and even named it Ella Elizabeth. Jonathan decided to make a robot and I decided to carve Leia's pumpkin into a cat face since she just about calls everything a cat. I figured if I made her pumpkin look like one, then she would always be right. Ha! Ryan was not able to join us so it was a bit crazy and not many pics were taken.
Side note, funny story... when the neighbors dropped off the outfit Ella fell in love with it and was convinced it would fit her even though I said it was too small. The determined little girl put the outfit on while I was not looking and prances into the room and exclaims, "See Mommy, I told you it would fit." Meanwhile the leg part stops at her knee and when she turned around to show me her tail, the outfit was completely riding up her bum. She didn't mind and spent a good part of the day walking around like a cat purring every chance she got.
Wednesday or Thurday (I seriously can't remember) we went to BJs, kind of like a local Costco, to do their little TRick or Treat event. The kids moaned and cried saying the did not want to go but I desperately needed to get them out of the house so Ryan could sleep before he went into work that night. The kids ended up having fun and Jonathan enjoyed playing a game where he had to guess certain Halloween things like eyeballs or an Ogre's toenail clippings, etc. I needed to help him out a little because his mind was more on what they actually were instead of imagining a gory Halloween equivalent. Ella didn't help much because she moved the little curtains to reveal the actual item.
Friday- Jonathan's school had a little parade so Ella and I went to that. I thought it would be cancelled since it was raining off and on but they still had it. Not as many parents showed up this year. It's nice to support Jonathan when we can. I also finally made a Jack-o Lantern out of the pumpkin we grew. Once again Ella wanted a Dora pumpkin so I honored her request but this year I added Swiper to the other side. I liked it a lot.
Later in the evening Ryan took the kids trick or treating. I tried to get some pics before but Ella was having a major, major fit because she had to wear pants since it was super cold outside. All the previous days were warm BUT today HAD to be freezing. sigh. I barely got a pic in. It is such bad quality since I did not bust out the good camera and I was dealing with a train wreck. Poor Leia never left the stroller because Ryan was dealing with GorElla and Leia only received a few, like 5, treats.
Poor little Squirt ;)
In the end I guess everything worked out since Leia kept snagging Ella's candy later in the night.
I felt really bad about the situation, especially since our kids went out with some friends of ours. While everyone was gone and I was waiting for trick or treaters I remembered a Halloween photo of me where I looked like I was having a melt down. I guess sometimes little kids don't know how to handle all the excitement/ anticipation and ugly shows up. Oh well, so is life.
Saturday/ Sunday Nothing. completely nothing. sad. I was going to take down my decorations on Saturday but thought that would be weird since technically Halloween had not come yet. So I left them up... and they are still up.
PS- Let me explain Jonathan's costume. He wanted to be a robot and designed "the box" himself. He cut out an area where he could push out a flap and reveal a tray. He also taped inside the box a plastic bag a place where he could put his candy since the box made it difficult to carry a bag. I told him it would be awesome if when he went door to door he said, "Trick- or -treat" in a robot voice and then pushed out the tray so people could place a candy in it. Ryan told me he actually did it. How cool is that.
As a side note, Ella decided to wear her rain boots which ended up being the cause of many meltdowns since every time, about 9 times, she tripped it sent her into a crying fit. Curse those boots. BUT when she got home, no more fits, just a lot of candy eating.
