Tuesday, July 27, 2010

history

I have been trying to keep the kids some what busy in an attempt for less TV watching to occur and more actual living life moments to happen. A few weeks ago I signed Jonathan up for an hour presentation about sea life that our public library offered free! He really enjoyed it but the girls were a bit restless. At one point I took them outside to walk around... in the heat. The activity was held at a local Lutheran church only 5 to 10 minutes away from us and on the church grounds was a cemetary. I decided to get a closer look at the tombs because they looked super old, like the ones you see in an old black and white horror movie. On examining the tombs I found them extremely hard to read. I then went to the tombs which had an American flag placed next to them to see what war the soldiers fought in... Revolutionary war.... Revolutionary war.... Revolutionary war. Then it hit me, once again, I live in the part of our nation with such rich history.

As a side note, remember the neckerchiefs I made for Boy Scouts? I found out this troop was one of the originals. Yep that's right. The troop is celebrating it's 100 year mark when Boy Scouts began. It was an honor making them for such a special group!