Thursday, July 31, 2014

School has begun! 2014-2015


I currently cannot get to the pictures I wanted, so I am skipping a few months of Southworth happenings and will just begin, for now, with what we are currently doing. School started about a week and a half ago and so far things are going pretty well. My kiddos did not act how I thought they would on their first day, which was interesting to say the least.

Leia started Kindergarten this year and I was a bit nervous how she would do. I had flashbacks of the day her preschool teacher had to pry Leia off my leg or of the many conversations we had about how great Kindergarten would be and she would just simply say, "I don't want to go." Even enticing her by explaining she would have many, many parties in Kindergarten she stated, "I just will go the days they have a party and nothing else." I was pleasantly surprised that she had a great first day, even though she was there for six hours. I'll take the enthusiasm any day.

Ella was super excited to start school because she would see her friends. An added bonus was her teacher for Second grade is the teacher she had for Kindergarten. As we walked Ella to the playground she started to panic and decided she was not ready. I was in complete shock and just kind of stared in amazement as Ella started to cry and not want to start school. Crazy. I gave her a few big hugs, told her everything would be okay, that once she got into the classroom, looked around at all her friends and was once again with an awesome teacher, she would calm down and have a great day. She did eventually calm down and had an awesome day.

Jonathan started middle school this year which is a learning curve for him... and also me. He had to get use to maneuvering through a sea of students to get to the next class. I had to figure out the best path and method to dropping him off and picking him up. I won't lie, he was nervous but let's be truthful. I think just about everyone was nervous starting Jr. High. He did get his top choices for electives so that makes things better. So far he likes his classes and teachers.

As for the last kiddo, Audrey, she is loving having the house to herself. I thought she would miss Leia but I think Audrey just likes having the place to herself, where she does not have to share or compromise. That sounds like a pretty sweet deal.



 Meet the teacher night for Leia and Ella. They are in front of Leia's classroom. Leia's teacher was Ella's reading teacher in Kindergarten.

 Fist day of school! The kids started JULY 21st!!!

 Jonathan- 7th grade

 Ella- 2nd grade

 Leia- Kindergarten
During the first week of school, there was a curriculum night where just the parents attended and basically were instructed about how the teachers run their classroom and gave a general idea of what will be taught this year. I was able to find the picture Leia made of herself  the first day of school that night. She was sad it had to stay in the classroom and could not show me the picture. :( I think she did a fabulous job! I am so glad the girl loves Kindergarten because I was prepping for her to come home and declare, " worst. day. ever!"