It seems like the days are flying by which has made the thought of catching up my blog overwhelming. I just looked at my last few posts and realized so many things have happened since then. I will try to recap most of it but since it seems like forever ago, I will probably miss a lot of things.
Back in June Audrey turned 1. All of our stuff shipped out the day before her b-day so her actual big day was extremely low key. We went to Wegmans, picked out a cake, had them write her name on it and then celebrated in an empty house. I think we had 2 presents for her. We asked everyone to not send gifts because I did not want to lug them in suitcases out to AZ.
The best story was what happened at her check up. It was the last time seeing her doctor so after the exam we were chit chatting while waiting for her shots. Then I hear this strange noise and the doc has a "oh no" look on his face. I asked if it was a false alarm, which he replied it was not. The fire alarm had been set off so everyone was evacuating the building So I took a half naked Audrey out of the building hoping I did not forget anything. Unfortunately the nurse did not draw up Audrey's shots yet so she was not able to get them in the parking lot. I had to reschedule :(
Another awesome event was Ryan's end to residency. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo!
I thought this day would never come. I took the kids to the whole hospital residency graduation and then the next evening Ryan, Jonathan and I attended the Emergency Medicine dinner/ graduation. Once everything was officially done, along with his last few shifts, Ryan became incredibly giddy and stress free. I have not seen him like that in at least a decade.
Since we were waiting out the last few days before our plane trip, we went to Knoebles. It was hot but such a great day. It was a bummer we were not able to go last summer due to unforeseen circumstances so it was an extra treat to go before leaving PA.
Leia loved the "thrill" rides. I don't think there was one melt down either. Audrey and Leia enjoyed hanging out at the kiddie pool while Ella ventured out on the water slides with Daddy.
Our ward threw a BBQ for us. Ryan and I have been so engrossed with getting through residency that we have been very non social so I was completely surprised at the amount of people who came out to say good-bye. There are some extremely wonderful people in PA that I already miss not seeing. Including our neighbors.
I think the last major thing was Jonathan's band concert. We were all able to go and he sounded great. I love how his band teacher set up the program and have seen such growth in Jonathan's abilities in playing the trumpet. He wants to continue so we already started renting a trumpet out here and his first class is on Thursday.
Oh yeah, one for thing about Jonathan. Before we left he had the Blue and Gold ceremony where he earned his Bear badge and the square knot Faith Emblem. He also earned some belt loops and pins. He worked so hard to get everything done and now he can work on arrows until October when he can officially move up.
As for the plane ride out to AZ it was better than I anticipated. Audrey was the grumpy child but she had every right to be considering she had a sore/ bleeding bottom due to 1-1/2 weeks of diarreah plus I think she was teething. The poor college student that sat next to Ella and Jonathan needed surgery due to her ears falling off from all the talking that came her way. All of out luggage made it except the bottom half of Ella's car seat.
We stepped out into a dry heat, have already seen numerous sand storms (ha-boo) and have witnessed a few incredible rain storms which took out major branches from two trees in out front yard. The house is amazing but will take some time before it feels more like a home... it's massive so decorating it will be quite an en devour but it's exciting!