The last month has been a rough one for her. Being sick mixed in with teething has made her grouchy and in pain. I would look at her and wonder where MY little Leia went but luckily last Sunday she was once again a happy little girl toddling around.
Her checkup has rather crazy. That morning was a very icy one so school was canceled for Jonathan. I deiced my car once and as I was walking out with the kids my car had iced over again. With everyone buckled in we sat in a cold car waiting for the windows to clear with me praying we would not be late. I wasn't even sure if the office was open, because sometimes things are cancelled out here due to weather, but the office was open. We had to walk extremely carefully as to not slip in the parking lot that was yet to be plowed. Once inside I filled out paperwork and did not finish it before they called her name. The kids were rather well behaved but it still gets pretty loud in those small rooms. When it was time to weigh Leia she lost it and could not for the life of her sit on the baby scale long enough to get an accurate number. With that idea scratched, we headed out to the hallway to get a measurement with me holding her... Leia screaming and 2 other kids in tow. We passed by her doctor and I just gave him a thumbs up sign which I think he laughed at. Luckily we got the number and were able to get through the rest of the exam. Leia did get a shot, but I armed her with a lollipop. I am sooooo grateful I had a good attitude and was able to laugh about the whole thing because it was quite a fiasco.
After her appointment I had mine across the hallway so the poor thing had to suffer a little longer. My heart goes out to the prego ladies in the waiting room. I think with of all Leia's whining she made a few of them question why they wanted kids. My appointments are pretty standard: take my blood pressure... normal, measure my belly... normal, listen to baby's heartbeat.... awe.. cute, it's normal, and weight.... wow, how did I gain that much in one month, but still within normal limits... for now. I am grateful everything is normal because it does ease my mind and if boring appointments is part of that, I'm OK because I always love to hear the baby's heart beat.
Leia's 18 month stats
Weight: 22.4 lbs. no weight gain makes me a little worried.
Length: 33.5 inches
HC: 15.2 inches (OK last month they measured 19, so someone is wrong. My child has serious head swelling issues or someone messed up a measurement)
As for her developmental:
She can eat yogurt and applesauce with a spoon
She did a little jump, both feet, and stuck it
Her vocabulary is growing and it's more common for her to say 2 words together
Is becoming sneakier climbing on chairs and climbing over the baby gate to go upstairs... sigh
Loves playing with her brother and sister
Always looks for Ella to say, "Hi Ella" in the morning and "bye" or "night-night Ella" when they go to bed.
Is learning how to drink from a cup
