The girls are now officially in the same room. Leia is still not sleeping through the night and I did not want her to wake Ella but I finally made the move. My parents are coming to visit which put some pressure on me plus Leia is just too old to be in the room with me. The transition has been an interesting one with some nights the girls talking to each other and me fretting about if Ella will attempt to put anything in the crib but it has not been too bad. Ella is learning to sleep through the cries of Leia and even this morning slept through the joyful babbling of the cuteness which is Leia. Ella is still her very active, crazy self but tries to be quiet when Leia is put down.
I must say Ella is an awesome big sister. I was thinking about her last night and realized she does not get jealous of Leia. When she wants mommy time it's OK with her if Leia is included. She usually doesn't mind Leia touching her hair and will laugh most of the time when she pulls on Ella's hair. She loves to play with Leia. The only thing she really does is take away toys from Leia but is learning to share. Let's not forget every time Leia starts to cry Ella will sing, which is actually yelling, in Leia's face. Very sweet but needs to be toned down. She truly is a wonderful big sister.
Jonathan officially finished second grade. To me third grade is pure learning and no "cute" stuff. I think he's ready for the switch.
He is really into the 39 Clues book series. The books come with trading cards plus there is an official web site that takes you on your own journey. Very interactive. He also is becoming quite an artist and is thinking about selling some of his pieces. He drew a Ninja face that for some reason I love to look at it. Simplistic but very artistic at the same time. I have to say I think this gene came from my side of the family. Ryan's side is very smart, musical and just pure awesome but my side has a few artists in it which I have never heard of his family members dabbling in painting, drawing, etc. Interesting thought...
Ryan has been working up a storm but will have 4 days off in a row! My parents are coming out when those four days begin so he will actually do stuff with us during their visit! Unfortunately last year they did not see him hardly at all. I'm so excited for them to come!
And then there is me. I am currently on the great Boyscout neckerchief mission. I hope to complete it on time! I really should not be blogging but I need a break.
I have a new calling at church, primary chorister. It keeps me so busy because this calling combines some strengths with some major weaknesses. I basically spend a lot of time preparing for music time every week. I so hope the scripture about the Lord making weak things strong will apply to me because I do feel so weak in this area and desperately need His help.
Well I'd better get back to my mission.