Since September I have been trying to get rid of a fungal growth, ring worm, Ella has on the back of her leg. After four topicals didn't get rid of it, she now takes an oral medicine. She has been on it for a little over two weeks and finally the spot is going away. She likes taking the "pink" medicine and knows she needs to take it every night. She won't take the medicine unless she is sitting on her bed next to her Dora blanket. Since she has been dealing with it for a while, we refer to the growth as her spot and ask her if we can see the spot to check if it is going away.
Anyway, yesterday we went to see a dermatologist, at the request of Ella's pediatrician. Once her name was called, Ella got up, walked over to the PA and exclaimed, "This is my spot!"... as she stuck out her bottom and pointed to it. Needless to say, all of us got a kick out of that. The woman wanted to keep Ella there for the rest of the day, basically to entertain everyone. The appointment went well. The spot is disappearing but she needs to keep taking the medicine. I have learned these things are nasty and take a while to clear up.
When the appointment was over, as we were leaving the office staff gave Ella a small orange plush puppy. She was so happy. One of the other patients asked Ella what she was going to name it... she replied, "orange puppy."
I am so into the needs of my children that I overlook a lot of the cute things they do. I'm glad when other people point them out to me.