Thursday, December 3, 2009

decorating the tree

I have come to realize that I am not a patient person anymore. Something happened down the road and I get frustrated a lot easier than I use to. Anyway, this " ah ha" moment happened while attempting to decorate the tree with the kids. Imagine the kids brimming with excitement they just might pop if you touch them. Then there's me, who is very particular about how the tree should be decorated. So I am trying to fend off kids while I put on the lights, beads and ribbon. It didn't work out too well. Christmas spirit had left the building. Luckily the mood changed and I gave in to Jonathan putting ornaments on the tree. Towards the end Ella would hand Jonathan the ornaments while he decided where they should go. I just had to take a few deep breaths and go with the flow. After all, it is just a tree... that's what I keep telling myself anyway. In the end everything worked out. We have bare spots here and there mostly because Jonathan puts ornaments on in clusters... I found three stuck on one branch. We had a mini lesson about decorating a tree which helped some. It is nice to look at the tree, especially when it's lit. Slowly other decorations have been added. Yes, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our home.

Mommy needs to start acting like the weather and chill.